Prospective graduate students must have graduated from an undergraduate program with results equivalent to a 3.00 GPA (grade point average) or above on a 4.00 scale. In addition, the following must be submitted:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the personal data page of your passport.
- Non-refundable fee of $75
- Submit educational transcripts. Unofficial documents can be submitted at the time of application. However, all official school transcripts, each bearing the seal and signature of a school registrar must be mailed directly from the institution to UNI's Admissions Office before enrollment. Academic records must be submitted in the language of instruction and accompanied by an English translation.
- A TOEFL score of 79(iBT) or higher for applicants whose first language is not English. Many departments require a higher score. IELTS are also accepted for graduate admissions.
- Letters of reference. Some departments require the letters to be written on a special form.
- A 500 Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score is suggested to enter the Master's of Business Administration(MBA) or the Master of Accounting program.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for doctoral programs and for some master's programs. Contact the individual academic department for information.
- Additional requirements for specific programs can be found here.
Send all completed materials to:
002 Gilchrist Hall
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0018, U.S.A.