The University of Northern Iowa offers a professional masters of athletic training degree (MATR) which is the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE). The Master of Athletic Training major is designed to prepare students to become athletic training professionals. It prepares students for the Board of Certification Examination as well as eligibility for state credentialing in Athletic Training.
Only graduate courses (course numbers 5000 or above) will apply to a graduate degree, even if the undergraduate course number (4999 or less) is listed. No exceptions will be made.
The degree is offered on the non-thesis option. Acceptable non-thesis projects include critically appraised topics, interrelated series of research proposals, conducting an empirical study, or a problem-based analysis of the literature, each of which require an extensive writing component.
- International Application for Admission
- Official transcripts sent from your current and/or all prior academic institutions that you have attended to the Office of Admissions
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0
- Official report of TOEFL score (560/79) or IELTS (6.5)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Experience
- Applicant Statement addressing the following areas: Professional background, Motivations for seeking degree, Career goals and Questions:
- Do you meet the technical standards required of this program with or without accommodation?
- Describe what you learned from the observation experience.
- What are you most excited about and looking forward as a potential student?
- Summer Semester: March 1
Graduate Assistantship Requirements:
- Students must complete and submit the Graduate College Assistantship Application and the Graduate College Scholarship Application form by February 1
Contacts and More Information:
- Program Of Study: https://catalog.uni.edu/collegeofeducation/healthrecreationandcommunityservices/#MATRdegree
- Department Website: https://coe.uni.edu/hrcs/athletic-training/master-athletic-training
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com