The M.A.E. in Educational Psychology is designed for 1) students planning further graduate studies in educational psychology; 2) persons with work experience as teachers, instructors or trainers in schools, business, or human service agencies who are seeking further professional development. It is also for students planning further graduate study in school psychology.
Context and Techniques of Assessment Emphasis - The MAE in Educational Psychology: Context and Techniques is designed for students planning further graduate studies in School Psychology. This program is the first step to the Ed.S. degree. This one-year program offers students the opportunity to shadow school psychology professionals and put their learning into practice in elementary classrooms. The program strives to train practitioners who will become leaders in the practice of school psychology and advocates for all children and families. Through participation in a learning community of professors, other graduate students, and practitioners, students are prepared to make professional judgments that take into consideration ethical principles; social, political, and policy contexts; and best practices derived from research and theory.
Professional Development for Teachers - This program is specially designed to fulfill the professional development needs of classroom teachers and other teaching professionals who wish to deepen their understanding of the teaching and learning process. The program provides a course of study directly tied to teaching practice in which course content, student learning and required research is organized around issues and problems.
- International Application for Admission
- Official transcripts sent from your current and/or all prior academic institutions that you have attended to the Office of Admissions
- Official report of TOEFL score (79) or IELTS (6.5)
- Official report of GRE Score (Not required for Professional Development program) [Waived for Fall 2021 applications]
- Resume (Not required for Professional Development program)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Writing Sample (Not required for Professional Development program)
- Applicant Statement addressing the Professional background, Motivations for seeking degree and Career goals
- Fall Semester: December 15
Graduate Assistantship Requirements:
- Students must complete and submit the Graduate College Assistantship Application and the Graduate College Scholarship Application form by February 1
Contacts and More Information:
- Program Of Study: https://catalog.uni.edu/collegeofeducation/educationalpsychologyandfoundations/
- Department Website:
- Context & Techniques of Assessment: https://coe.uni.edu/epf/mae-educational-psychology
- Professional Development for Teachers: https://continuinged.uni.edu/news/uni-continuing-distance-education-offer-professional-development-teachers