This degree is designed for students who seek to become school principals. This is a part time program for full time teachers who hold teaching license and take online classes 6-9 PM central time every week and nine days seminar course in June on campus. The M.A.E. in the Principalship leads to licensure as a Pre K- 12 Principal/ Pre K- 12 Special Education Supervisor in the State of Iowa. Thesis and non-thesis options available.
Areas of Concentration Currently Available:
Pre K- 12 Principalship/Pre K- 12 Special Education Supervisor
- International Application for Admission
- Official transcripts sent from your current and/or all prior academic institutions that you have attended to the Office of Admissions.
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale.
- Official TOEFL Score: 600/100: or IELTS (7.0)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation: One letter must be from an administrator who is knowledgeable about your performance and leadership potential
- Resume including the Educational background, Leadership/Teaching/Work experience, Professional development/Activities/Professional Memberships and Related activities (community involvement, other work with students/adults, etc.)
- Iowa Teaching Licensure
- Applicant statement explaining why you are interested in obtaining an administrative leadership position
- Writing Sample
- Fall Semester: Mid April
Graduate Assistantship Requirements:
- Students must complete and submit the Graduate College Assistantship Application and the Graduate College Scholarship Application form by February 1
Contacts and More Information:
- Program Of Study: https://catalog.uni.edu/collegeofeducation/educationalleadershipandpostsecondaryeducation/
- Department Website: https://continuinged.uni.edu/distance/principalship
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com