The graduate program in Speech-Language Pathology at the University of Northern Iowa, an American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) Council of Academic Accreditation (CAA) accredited program, provides for advanced educational training in assessment and treatment of speech, language, and hearing disorders. It has been recognized by the UNI Graduate College as one of three premiere departments. Course work and experiential learning experiences meet or exceed the current requirements for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) as defined by ASHA. Applicants for the graduate program must have completed an undergraduate major in communicative disorders. Admissions in the speech-language pathology graduate program is competitive.
The Master of Arts degree in Speech-Language Pathology is focused on building clinical and professional competency in the field, as well as certification by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. Through our program, students will gain real-world, clinical experience at the Roy Eblen Speech and Hearing Clinic, and at a variety of satellite centers. In this work, students assess and treat a variety of speech, language, and hearing disorders.
- International Application for Admission
- Official Transcripts sent directly from your current and/or all prior academic institutions that you have attended to the Office of Admissions
- Minimum undergraduate grade point average of a 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale
- Official TOEFL (90), IELTS (6.5), or Duolingo (110)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Clinical Observation Hours (ASHA approved observation and clinical hours)
- Applicant Statement addressing the motivations for seeking degree and stating your desire to enter our program, career goals and attributes you possess that will make you successful in the program and as a future speech-language pathologist.
- Spring Semester: September 15
- Fall Semester: January 20
Graduate Assistantship Requirements:
- Students must complete and submit the Graduate College Assistantship Application and the Graduate College Tuition Scholarship Application form by February 1
Contacts and More Information:
- Program Of Study
- Department Website
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org