Undergraduate international students with good secondary school academic records and a strong university preparatory curriculum are invited to apply. The following must be submitted:
- A completed application form.
- A copy of the personal data page of your passport.
- Non-refundable application fee of $50.
- Submit educational transcripts. Unofficial documents can be submitted at the time of application. However, all official school transcripts, each bearing the seal and signature of a school registrar and mailed directly from the institution to the UNI Admissions Office before enrollment. Academic records must be submitted in the language of instruction and accompanied by an English translation. Examine the Country Specific Admissions Requirement List to learn more about the required credentials and minimum academic standards needed for Admissions.
- All applicants who are not native speakers of English must submit proof of English proficiency. Most students will submit an official Test Of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report. The recommended score for undergraduates is 79 (IBT). Click on Alternatives to the TOEFL for additional language proficiency measures.
- Students applying to an undergraduate program, but in need of English training, can apply for conditional admission. More information can be found on the Admission Policies page.
- Financial Statement and Certification Form.
- International Student Advisor Report. Students transferring directly from a U.S. institution to UNI must also submit this form. This one-page form will be sent to students who identify themselves in this category, or can be downloaded here.
Send all completed materials to:
002 Gilchrist Hall
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0018, U.S.A.